This plugin is used to present audio files, typically two versions of the same audio (for instance, an unmixed, raw version and the final mixed version of a song), in a time synchronized manner: by switching seamlessly between files when the user presses the respective button. (And since version 3 you can compare up to three files in the full version!)
Finally a direct A/B comparison is possible on your website! You can showcase as many files on one page as you like, completely independent from each other. and they intereact with each other, so that no two files get played at the same time.
All this with a simple shortcode!
Control the site wide design and behaviour from central settings, but each Audio Comparison Lite instance can be configured independently! And with the help of special CSS classes you can easily adjust to your own visual style.
All about the shortcode usage and the CSS classes is in the Audio Comparison Lite settings, right where you need it.
If you want
- to avoid playing two sounds at the same time, and
- to get rid of the play button and/or the accompanying text output,
- automatic styling of your buttons without manual CSS work including themes,
- to compare THREE files time-synchronized,
- or just use Audio Comparison as a cool one button Audio Player
consider buying the full version. For the price of two beers (discounted license) you get all of the above and more, and perpetual licenses are also available!
Watch it in action here.
If not installing directly from the WordPress Plugin Directory:
- Download and unzip to your wp-content/plugins directory
- Alternatively, just upload the zip file via the WordPress plugins UI
After uploading, do the following:
- Activate the plugin via WordPress Admin
- Check and change Audio Comparison Lite’s setting page
- Include the shortcode
[audiocomparisonlite]on your page or post (if using Blocks, use the Shortcode or HTML block).
The minimal shortcode looks like this:
[audiocomparisonlite file_a="PATH/TO/A.MP3" file_b="PATH/TO/B.MP3"]
PATH/TO/B.MP3 with your own files. We recommend WAV or MP3.
Central settings, more shortcode options, and CSS guidelines can be found in the settings.
If there are multiple instances of Audio Comparison Lite on the same page, they all act independently. If you want automatic interaction (i.e. stop if another instance starts playing) and more styling options (get rid of the Play/Stop button for instance), then the full version at https://audiocomparison.kaedinger.de/ is for you.
For the time being, please refer to our demo/documentation page.
Contributors & Developers
“Audio Comparison Lite” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Introducing 3-way comparison! Compare up to three audio files time synchronized!
- Also introducing: play just one file – this way Audio Comparison Lite acts as the simplest possible WordPress Audio Player!
- Cosmetics 😉
- Styling: new dynamic CSS class
.audio-comparison-lite-playingassigned to the Play/Stop button while audio is being played
- Styling Editor: new theme Elegant Play (full version)
- Styling: extended compatibility with builders (like Elementor, Beaver…) and some themes (like Astra etc.)
- (Note: Audio Comparison Lite was always compatible, this is only about the styling editor and the generated CSS code)
- Styling Editor: added Label Width
- Styling Editor: added preview of label and play/stop button position
- Handle license server contact problems gracefully
- You can use HTML in button and label texts now!
- Apply styles safely for themes that mess with WP’s core
- Reduce promo checker timeout
- Minor caching bugfix
- Minor bugfixes
- Introducing the new styling editor!
- …including 2 fully functional themes (more in the full version!)
- New *-button-buffering and *-button-playing CSS classes
- Refine playback sync
- Documentation update
- Refine time display
- Fix the annoying iOS mobile bug AGAIN (d*** Apple!)
- New option play_default (A,B)
- New placeholder %T in playing text for time
- Documentation link in plugin row
- Promotional offer in plugin row
- Make sounds loop
- Minor bugfixes
- Cosmetics (subscription and perpetual license available)
- WP 6 compatibility
- Expanded design documentation in settings
- Increase input field lengths
- Public release
- Fix settings page
- Initial version