Bible Verse Display allows you to display a bible verse on your site either in posts/pages or via the included widget. The verse displayed can either be the verse of the day from Biblegateway or a random verse chosen from verses you nominate as your favorites. Multiple versions/languages available.
- To nominate your favorite verses, simply enter in the verse reference. Bible Verse Display will look up the verse for you. No manual typing in of the verse is necessary!
- You can select from several different bible versions
- You can have it display a verse randomly from your favorites, or display Biblegateway’s Verse of the Day
- Verses can be displayed in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, or Romanian
- Bible Verse Display Widget included
Should work from WordPress 2.9.2.
- Install directly from WordPress (go to Plugins -> Add New)
- Install manually
- Unzip the plugin files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Set your preferred settings through the Bible Verse Display section under WordPress’ Settings menu
- How can I style the verses?
The verses are contained in a div tag whether you use the widget or the shortcode. The div class for the widget is called bvdwidget. For the shortcode, if you do not specify a class in the parameters, the class is called bvdshortcode; otherwise, it is whatever you specified. Simply add the class to your theme’s css file and style it as you desire.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Bible Verse Display” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0 — April 1 2010
- Plugin launched
1.1 — April 1 2010
- Fixed bug with regards to the NASV and Favorite verses
- Fixed bug with regards to different versions of biblegateway’s Verse of the Day
- Added class parameter to shortcode
- Added The Message as a Bible version
1.2 — October 29, 2010
- Added a lot more Bible versions (including non-English ones) and changed a bunch of the underlying code to accomodate them
- Added option to tack today’s date onto the end of the widget title (choice of a few date formats)
1.3 — February 25, 2011
- Added the ability to show or hide the version acronym
- Added the ability to use either fopen or CURL
1.4 — March 12, 2011
- Added the ability to use either fopen or CURL for Biblegateway VOTD too. Oops 🙂
1.5 — July 17, 2011
- Updated verse parser to accommodate biblegateway.com’s changed HTML in their verse display
1.6 — September 21, 2012
- Updated verse parser to accommodate biblegateway.com’s change to their method of displaying verses