A shortcode to display the current year, for example in the footer section.
When using this shortcode you don’t have to manually update the year on your website, when a new year begins.
Just add the shortcode where you need it, within the text. Don’t forget to use the [ ] brackets.
[vict_year] displays the current year
- Upload the plugin files to the \\’/wp-content/plugins/\\’ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins utility directly.
- Activate the plugin from the plug-in menu in WordPress.
- Add the shortcode wherever needed.
Q: What shortcode do I use?
A: [vict_year] displays the current year wherever you want.
A: No, you can use the shortcode wherever you want. But ofcourse it is a really good idea to use the shortcode in the footer/copyright section.
Q: where can I use the shortcode?
A: anywhere you can use an shortcode in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“Current Year Shortcode VICT” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Update: updated code for WordPress version 6.0.
- Update: updated code for WordPress version 5.9.
- Update: checked code with WordPress version 5.8 and updated the FAQ.
- Update: checked code with WordPress version 5.7 and updated it.
- Update: checked code with WordPress version 5.6 and updated the FAQ.
- Update: checked code with WordPress version 5.5 and updated it.
- Update: checked code with WordPress version 4.5 and updated the Description.
- Update: changed Description, FAQ and screenshots.
- Bugfix: changed shortcode because of possible issues due to duplicate shortcodes within WordPress.
- Update: updated the Description and FAQ section with the new shortcode.
- First release of plugin