Replace the theme default sidebars with your newly created sidebars.
This plugin was forked from the Custom Sidebars plugin, which we used for a few years, but their plugin development stalled, so we were forced to create this plugin. We really appreciate the work of developers of the original plugin!
This plugin allows you to create your own custom sidebars, configure them by adding widgets, and replace the default sidebars on posts or pages you want in just few clicks.
Here is the tl;dr list of the differences from original source:
- Compatibility with the latest stable PHP version (namely PHP 7.0+).
- Removed the “archive pages” functionality – replacing the custom sidebars on archive pages is not possible (e.g. on certain categories).
- Open-sourced development on GitHub. Issue reports and pull requests welcome!
- Covered with PHP unit tests.
- Removed WP admin pointer.
- Modern workflow with Grunt and Bower.
- Removed heavy advertising.
Contact and Credits
This plugin is being developed by ProtuesThemes.
The original plugin: Custom sidebars is maintained and developed by WPMU DEV. Original development completed by Javier Marquez.
There are two ways of installing the plugin:
From inside your WordPress installation, in the plugin section.
- Search for Custom Sidebars by ProteusThemes plugin.
- Download it and then active it.
From this page.
- Download the plugin, extract the zip file,
- Upload the
custom-sidebars-by-proteusthemesfolder to your
- Active the plugin in the plugin menu panel in your administration area.
The settings for custom sidebars are available in Appearance -> Widgets
This section will be added when questions arise.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Sidebars by ProteusThemes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Custom Sidebars by ProteusThemes” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed PHP 8 compatibility issues
- Tested with WP 6.0.2
- Tested with WP 5.4.1
- Fixed PHP warning on unsupported post types (attachment pages by default).
- Initial plugin version.