Cookie Consent PopUp is one of the simplest and most popular cookie notification plugins out there.
Geo IP support – choose which continents to display notifications (requires GeoIP Detect plugin to be installed)
Easily select pages or posts where the cookie notification doesn’t display. You now have complete control over which pages display a notification and which don’t.
Close on scroll – optionally choose scrolling as closure method.
Simple set up
- Dismissal method on click, on scroll, or timed
- Dismissal element either button or ‘x’ close
- Show the notification on the first page only – subsequent pages visited by the user will not display the message
- Exclude selected pages and posts from displaying the notification
- Choice of position either top or bottom bar, or floating in one of the corners of the screen
- Translation support
- Customisation options including the ability to update styles from within the customiser
- Set the cookie duration
Importantly, the plug-in does not disable cookies on your site or prevent the user from continuing to browse the site. Several plug-ins have adopted the “explicit consent” approach which obliges users to opt in to cookies on your site. This is likely to deter visitors.
- Upload the
genium-gdpr-consent-popupfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Browse to the Cookie Consent option page in Settings to configure
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“GDPR Consent” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added default text to messages
- Update images, and readme.txt