Global Site Tag Tracking plugin makes Google Analytics tracking simpler and easier for WordPress. If you just want to activate Google Analytics 4.0 on your website with minimal load on the server, all you need to do is enter your Measurement ID/tracking ID in the plugin settings.
What is Global Site Tag?
Global Site Tag is the new and upgraded tracking method for Google Analytics. It provides streamlined tagging across Google’s site measurement, conversion tracking and remarketing products giving you better control while making implementation easier. By using Global Site Tag Tracking, you will be able to benefit from the latest dynamic features and integrations as they become available.
Benefits of Global Site Tag
- Access to Google Analytics 4.0
- Better data collection and organization system
- Simple, reliable, and integrates easily with existing Google products
- Connect multiple devices and sessions to the same user
- More accurate user count
- Analyse the signed-in experience of a user
- Access to cross device reports
- Custom dimensions and metrics to collect data specific to your business
- Automatically detect the most popular search engines and attributes organic search traffic to these sources
- Control how long sessions and campaigns last by setting a timeout for it
- Choose which domains will be left out from your referral traffic sources
- Exclude certain search terms from being identified in your account when a user find your website using it
For documentation please visit the Google Analytics Tracking plugin page.
- Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress Dashboard
- Click the upload tab
- Browse for the plugin file (global-site-tag-tracking.zip) on your computer
- Click “Install Now” and then hit the activate button
Can this plugin be used to add Google Analytics tracking code to a WordPress site?
Does this plugin support Google Analytics 4.0?
Can this plugin be used to enable Google Analytics tracking via Global Site Tag in WordPress?
Contributors & Developers
“Global Site Tag Tracking” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First commit