Convert HEIC images to JPEG format when upload to the Media Library.
HEIC is the file format name Apple has chosen for the “High Efficiency Image Format” (HEIF) standard. HEIF offers better compression than JPEG, so it takes up less storage space, while maintaining the same visual quality. The format has been used by default since iOS 11, i.e. for images sent through the Messages app or when exporting.
This plugin adds HEIC/HEIF support to WordPress by transparently converting the uploaded image to JPEG.
Note: ImageMagick 7.0.8-46 or above is required to be installed on the server.
Check HEIC Support for an alternative solution.
- Install HEIC to JPEG either via the WordPress.org plugin repository or by uploading the files to your server. (See instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin).
- Activate HEIC to JPEG on the Plugins page.
Contributors & Developers
“HEIC to JPEG” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- [Changed] Added link to HEIC Support in README.
- [Changed] Tested up to WordPress 6.2.
- [Added] Initial public version.