Provides useful tools for optimizing a WordPress site to power a single page web app using WordPress REST API. Designed to work as a companion for the Josie REST API-powered starter app but useful for any site using the WordPress REST API.
This is a companion plugin for my WordPress REST API (WP-API) powered application starter, called Josie. It can be used with any site running the WordPress REST API.
It packages multiple libraries, most of which I wrote, to accomplish several things:
1) Provides a soft-expiring, server-side cache for requests to the REST API.
2) Adds routes and endpoints for making tax-queries.
3) Adds routes and endpoints for getting menus & menu items.
4) Adds cross-domain headers, and for the posts endpoint allows for page offsets and limits the number of posts_per_page.
- Unpack the entire contents of this plugin zip file into your
- Upload to your site
- Navigate to
wp-admin/plugins.phpon your site (your WP Admin plugin page)
- Activate this plugin
OR you can just install it with WordPress by going to Plugins >> Add New >> and type this plugin\’s name
For more information about what this plugin does and how to modify its behavior, please see the READMEs for each of the libraries that make it up.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Josie API” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Josie API” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Support for multiple CORS domains
composer.json updates for caching.
Activation hook to set option defaults.
Streamline tax query endpoint.