Retain your iPhone site visitors using push notifications. Send updates using push notifications to your iOS website visitors.
To use this plugin you need an active plan on Now Push Notify.
Why do I need this plugin?
Web push notifications (browser notifications) are not supported by iOS devices, such as iPhone or iPad. Even if you use other services to send browser notifications, this is not possible for iOS. This plugin allows you to send push notifications to your iPhone/iPad visitors through our iOS App. Your visitors can easily subscribe: it takes only one tap to subscribe for push notifications if they have the Now Push Notify iOS app, installed or two taps if they don’t.
I am already sending newsletters, why sending push notifications?
Push notifications have a better engagement rate meaning a higher CTR, and using Now Push Notify your Push Notifications will be super easy to subscribe to – one tap is enough.
Why web push notifications for iOS?
Around 29% of site visitors from the USA are using iOS¹. That means that even if you are currently using browser notifications, you are missing almost 1/3 of your audience.
Did you know that recent study² by the University of Chicago found that there is a correlation between iPhone/iPad ownership and how wealth, namely no individual brand is as predictive of being high-income as owning an Apple iPhone? So, to send push notifications to iOS devices could prove very productive with a great ROI.
How it works?
- Subscribe to a plan on Now Push Notify.
- Complete site setup (takes less than 5 min and step by step guide is available).
- A widget is added to your website so the users can subscribe to your notifications.
- Once subscribed and Now Push Notify App installed, your visitors will get a notification when you publish a new post/page (including custom posts).
For detailed instructions, see the Installation section.
iOS, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
Now Push Notify runs on AWS and Firebase, but we do not store any data beyond your verified Domains, your user email address for login and for the Notifications you send, we do store the URLs, the title and the body of the Notifications, this data is stored on Firebase.
- Download the plugin archive.
- Upload and uncompress it in “/wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Subscribe to plan and add your domain in your https://nowpush.app/terms-and-conditions.html account.
- Set Site ID, API Key and Subscribe URL in your WordPress Now Push Notify settings page, e.g. yourdomain.com/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=wise-notifications-admin.
- Enjoy and start sending your Push Notifications to iOS users!
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Now Push Notify – web push notifications for iOS” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Read Me updates.