The plugin is quite simple to use. See below.
- It will store all views for a Single Post. You can configure it to ignore views to logged users and disable for some posts.
- In the Posts View Table you will see the View column. You can remove it in configurations.
- All views will be cached for 24 hours. You can disabled it or change the flush cache hour.
For now, Piggly Views is available in:
- Portuguese Brazilian.
Some additional resources
- You can use the shortcode
[piggly_views]to get views to the current post OR use
[piggly_views id="post_id"]to a specific post. It will return the number of views following the format set in the settings.
- You can get a collection of most viewed posts by using the method
$daysis the range between NOW and X(
$limitis the number of posts and
$typesis one or more post types slug into an array, such as:
- You can use the shortcode
[piggly_views_collection limit="X" days="X" types="post, page, attachment"]to get a collection of most viewed posts returning the default template.
Getting the most viewed posts
An easy way to get the most viewed posts is using the global function
piggly_view_collection(). The default
$days values is 30, default
$limit value is 5 and default
$types array is post.
// 10 most viewed posts in the last 180 days.
$most_viewed = piggly_view_collection( 10, 180 );
if ( !empty( $most_viewed ) ) :
foreach ( $most_viewed as $post ) :
$postID = $post->post_id;
In the other side, you can use the shortcode
[piggly_views_collection limit="10" days="180" types="post"] to return the default template.
When you use
[piggly_views_collection] shortcode, it will return the following template for each post. Customize CSS as your needs by using
.pgl-views-post as parent.
How to Use
From your WordPress administration panel go to
Plugins > Installed Plugins and scroll down until you find
Piggly Views. You will need to activate it first, then click on
Settings to configure it.
- Display or not View Column in Post Table.
- Disable tracking for Logged Users.
- Convert Views from 1000 to 1K format.
- Cache Views Data.
Flush cache after X hours.
Keep options and/or table when uninstall the plugin.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- You can either install this plugin from the WordPress Plugin Directory, or manually download the plugin and upload it through the ‘Plugins > Add New’ menu in WordPress
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- How much does this cost?
Nothing. This plugin is completely free.
Furthermore, this plugin are open source (free as in “freedom”).
- What is Piggly Views?
It’s a easy way to tracking views for a post. It is useful to have another more tracking method and to get the most viewed posts.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Piggly View” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Removed the jQuery dependence for the JS code loaded when WP_CACHE is active.
And added wp_register_script to make things better.
Added the shortcode
[piggly_views_collection] to return a collection based in a default template.
Now you can select one or more post type when getting a collection with