Small, lightweight (under 7k) widget that shows posts from the same category as the current post. Several options for customization along with numerous ordering criteria for posts. Displayed only on single post pages. Based on Related Links by Category by Andrew Stephens
- Title – Set the title of the widget (or leave blank)
- Number of Posts to Show – Set how many posts are listed in the widget
- Order By – Choose how the related posts will be ordered (including random posts)
- Show Category Names – Toggle whether category names are displayed above groups of posts
- Link Cat Name to Archive – If category names are being shown, choose to have them link to the category archive page for that category
- List Posts Multiple Times? – If a post is classified under multiple categories use this toggle to determine if it will be shown under each category, or only under the first category it shares with the current post. This should be set to no if you are not displaying the category names
First time installation instructions
- Ideally install this plugin using the WordPress administration area.
- Optionally, download the zip file, unzip and upload the directory to your wp-content/plugins directory
- Go to plugins in your WordPress admin area and activate the plugin
- Go to Appearance – Widgets and then drag the Related Links by Category widget and drag it to the sidebar of your choice
- Customize the options (more details under plugin Description) or go with defaults
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Related Posts by Category Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial Release