Shows Your IP address
The idea is simple; this plugin will show a visitors IP address by placing a tag on the page you want the IP address to appear on. Give it a go, let me know what you think of this plugin. Any suggested updates I’ll consider in each build.
- Your home page
- I have also included a content page which covers information to do with IP addresses and a place to keep you updated with future releases.
This is a FREE plugin
This simply shows the IP address of a visitor if they land on a specific page, you simply put your tag where you want your visitor to see their IP address, that’s it!
This tag works on specific pages or widgets by simply adding in the tag [show_ip]. Your IP address also shows on your admin dashboard.
To show an IP address on any of your pages you could use:
What’s my IP address: [show_ip]
- Click on the download button
- Save to your desktop
- Upload to your plugins folder via FTP
If you want to install the plugin manually, download and unzip the show-ip-address.zip file and upload to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Then activate the plugin through the Plugins section in WordPress.
- Install directly from the WordPress plugin area
You can find, download and install Show IP address directly from the Plugins section in WordPress.
If you experiance CSS issues with a calss, make sure you dont have the following class in your CSS file, .box-ip or .img-show-ip they are two class files
This simply shows an IP address on a specific page or widget by simply adding in this tag [show_ip].
[show_ip] use this tag on your pages to show your IP address.
Q). Will this work on any WordPress installation?
A). This depends on your server configeration, and your PHP type. This has been tested with the latest version of PHP and WordPress.
Q). I have errors on my dashboard, it shows shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons
A). Make sure your host is running shell_exec() or you might have dashboard errors.
Contributors & Developers
“Show IP address” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Show IP address” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial public release.
- Added in a settings area and updated the admin display.
- Added in a server uptime section onto the dashboard widget.
- Removed the server uptime section as it was causing issues on specific hosting platforms. Removed the image from the mian dashboard.
- Updated content, source code and images.
- Updated contact URL, and performance compatibility tested up to version 5.7.2.
- Code review and content amends, tested up to version 6.2.1