Falang is a multilanguage plugin for WordPress. It allows you to translate an existing WordPress site to other languages. Falang natively supports WooCommerce (product, variation, category, tag, attribute, etc.)
Free vs Pro
Pro version: has on-site support and language filtering – documentation
- Easy setup
- Supports all languages supported by WordPress (RTL and LTR)
- When you add a language in Falang, WP language packages are automatically downloaded and updated
- Easy to use: Translate Posts, Pages, Menus, Categories from the plugin or linked from the WP interface
- Translate Posts and Terms permalinks
- Translate additional plugins like WooCommerce, Yoast SEO, etc.
- You can use Azure,Yandex,Lingvanex to help you with the translation (Google and DeepL services may be included in later versions)
- Displays the default language if the content is not yet translated
- The Language Switcher widget is configurable to display flags and/or language names
- Language Switcher can be put in Menu, Header, Footer, Sidebars
- Image captions, alt text and other media text translation without duplicating the media files
- Language Code directly in the URL
- No extra database tables created, no content duplication
- Very good website speed performance (low impact)
- Contains translations for IT, FR, DE, ES, NL
- Falang is not meant for WordPress multisite installations!
Falang’s goal is to let you translate everything on your page
- Menu items
- Theme and plugin strings
- Custom fields
- Page builder content
- Shortcode outputs
- URL slugs
- WooCommerce products
- Page title and description
- Image alt text and captions
Quick start video
Falang and Falang for Elementor Lite
(French version with english subtitles)
- Falang WPML Importer Falang WPML Importer
- Falang Q-Importer qTranslateX to Falang
- Falang for Divi Falang for Divi
- Falang for Elementor Falang for Elementor
- Falang for WPBakery Falang for WPBakery
- Falang for YooTheme Falang for YOOtheme
- Elementor preview needs to have “Show slug for main language” disabled in Falang Settings
- The WooCommerce attribute slug doesn’t have to be translated
- Upload the entire Falang folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory or install from WP Plugins
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add languages
- Set the default language (main language of your site)
- Add the Language Switcher to your site
- Translate your post / pages / menus etc. to the other languages
Is Falang Translate free?
Yes, but without on-site support.
Purchased licenses come with 1 year on-site support.
Where to find help?
First time users should read the Falang – Documentation, which explains the basics (with screenshots – in English).
Contributors & Developers
“Falang multilanguage for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Falang multilanguage for WordPress” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- WC: add product title translation when $product->get_title() is used
- fix string translation containing >
- fix esc_textarea missing (backend)
- fix License tab name