Falang is a multilanguage plugin for WordPress. It allows you to translate an existing WordPress site to other languages. Falang natively supports WooCommerce (product, variation, category, tag, attribute, etc.)
Free vs Pro
– has on-site support and language filtering – documentation
– WP User Manager
– YITH WooCommerce Compare
– WC Product addons
- Easy setup
- Supports all languages supported by WordPress (RTL and LTR)
- When you add a language in Falang, WP language packages are automatically downloaded and updated
- Easy to use: Translate Posts, Pages, Menus, Categories from the plugin or linked from the WP interface
- Translate Posts and Terms permalinks
- Translate additional plugins like WooCommerce, Yoast SEO, etc.
- You can use Google, Azure, Yandex, Lingvanex to help you with the translation (DeepL services may be included in later versions)
- Displays the default language if the content is not yet translated
- The Language Switcher widget is configurable to display flags and/or language names
- Language Switcher can be put in Menu, Header, Footer, Sidebars
- Image captions, alt text and other media text translation without duplicating the media files
- Language Code directly in the URL
- No extra database tables created, no content duplication
- Very good website speed performance (low impact)
- Contains translations for IT, FR, DE, ES, NL
- Falang is not meant for WordPress multisite installations!
Falang’s goal is to let you translate everything on your page
- Menu items
- Theme and plugin strings
- Custom fields
- Page builder content
- Shortcode outputs
- URL slugs
- WooCommerce products
- Page title and description
- Image alt text and captions
Quick start video
Falang and Falang for Elementor Lite
(French version with english subtitles)
- Falang WPML Importer Falang WPML Importer
- Falang Q-Importer qTranslateX to Falang
- Falang for Divi Falang for Divi
- Falang for Elementor Falang for Elementor
- Falang for WPBakery Falang for WPBakery
- Falang for YooTheme Falang for YOOtheme
- The WooCommerce attribute slug doesn’t have to be translated
- Upload the entire Falang folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory or install from WP Plugins
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add languages
- Set the default language (main language of your site)
- Add the Language Switcher to your site
- Translate your post / pages / menus etc. to the other languages
Is Falang Translate free?
Yes, but without on-site support.
Purchased licenses come with 1 year on-site support.
Where to find help?
First time users should read the Falang – Documentation, which explains the basics (with screenshots – in English).
Contributors & Developers
“Falang multilanguage for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Falang multilanguage for WordPress” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- fix term meta translation notice
- fix language widget notice on creation
- allow term meta array translation (serialized data)
- add falang_default_language api (like polylang pll_default_language)
- fix theme editor save