Simple Carousel enables an image carousel, with each slide that could be manually defined or automatically generated from posts in a category. It features a forward and backward button, and skip to slide buttons on the bottom.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- What features does this carousel have?
Move forward/backwards buttons.
Skip to specific slide buttons.
Multiple carousels can be used per page.
- How do I make a carousel with manually defined slides?
Each slide is defined with three parameters: img, link and title. Each parameter has a follow number preceded by a _ to define which slide number it is, beginning at 0.
For example a carousel with two slides:
[simple_carousel img_0=“First slide image url” link_0=“First slide link url” title_0=“Title (alternative image tag) for first slide image” img_1=“Second slide image url” link_0=“Second slide link url” title_1=“Second slide text”]
- How do I make a carousel to display posts from a category?
[simple_carousel type=“category” category_name=“”]
Accepts parameters that the function get_posts uses (https://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/get_posts) to further refine which posts are displayed.
- What other parameters does this shortcode accept?
class: adds the value to the div.carousel class tag for CSS styling, ex: “float-left”
width: width of the carousel, usually defined in px, ex: “960px”, default: “100%”
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Carousel” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- CSS and JS are enqueued when the function is called
- Redesigned the animation to be simpler and more reliable
- Basic swipe left/right on mobile
- Initial release